Why are you still cutting my lawn???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PetalsandPines, Nov 9, 2001.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Your trimmmers are too powerful, Your big mower doesn't cut as good as my 56 year old 21"crapsman mower. Why are you still cutting, It's November....You ran over a bird in my lawn, tell your guys that they could have at least given him a chance to live... Why can't you come at the same time each week? My neighbor complains that you blow clippings on their lawn. Those are your leaves from your customer's tree, pick them off my lawn.....You cut my dog's ball it cost me a whole $7.00 what are we going to do about it? It's raining....wah wah wah wah wah.....Sorry Guys...just venting...I have heard and seen everything this year...I even saw a ninety year old woman (I call her Goggles Paizano) sweeping leaves in the street in a windstorm, wearing goggles, winter boots, a winter jacket and it was 70 degrees!! Oh, how about those peepers, you know the neighbors of your customers peeking out there windows jealously...just waiting for you to blow a leaf on their lawn!! Am I alone out there? :blob2:

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

It's almost done for the season...pretty soon you'll be wishing for March and missing these freaks giving you something to gripe about.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

lol. one of my customers just called, and said "how come you cut the lawn today? no other LCO weve had has cut in November". i skipped this lawn last week, and cut it this week for the final time, and she says she thought since i skipped it last week i was done. ya know, a phonecall would be nice every once in a while.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You are not alone, however these are the times when the cutting shears are taken to the customers who have too many complaints. When I started I must have been the guy that picked up all the turds for customers but soon I learned and those turds are now someone elses problem.
    When I do get one, a major bill usually helps convince them to quit calling.

Write it down and I know it would make a good book.

5. the point man

the point man LawnSite Member

PetalsandPines...

Greetings from Jamestown NY! Is Chippewa Street still the hot
    spot up there? Haven't been to Buffalo in a while. Say what you
    want, I always have fun up there.

6. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

PetalsandPines,
    We had a few last week that we wanted to give a last cut of the season to who did the same thing. Any other time of the season when the grass was that high, they would be calling demanding it cut right away. Now that it's the same height at the end of the season, they think it doesn't need it. Just part of the game. My wife's son in law lives in Orchard park and does scaping on the side. We hooked him up with Savilles for his Toro walk behind. We always go to Zebs after 9 pm for their great happy hour appetizers and cross the border for some cases of Molson Dry! I also look forward to going to Gaylans sporting goods and Dicks. Man those are great stores that we don't have out here in NH. One more thing, Go Flutie!!!

Mike

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i will most likely be doing my last mow this week or next, waiting for her to get back from her 2 month vacation because she only payed me for 4 mowings!!!!!! this customer might be dropped next year. im finishing up landscaping this weekend or early next week.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I personnally love, "so what do you do in the winter?".

9. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

My personal fav is "Are you SURE you cut my yard? I didn't think it need it." This is with weeds almost 6" tall and leaves all over the place.

Some People just don't understand.

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

It happens in every trade, I had a Michigan guy call me saying one of our trucks drove on his lawn while we were making a house delivery to a property beside him. I went to Home Depot, picked up 5 bags of topsoil and some grass seed and delivered it to him. Damn, some people are picky the "ruts" were two inches deep and about 10' long and it turned out it wasn't even our trucks.