Why call me now?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TURFLORD, Mar 21, 2007.

1. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

So this snappa-head doesn't want to pay from last May. I send invoices until December. She ignores them. I drop papers on her and she gets a court date. She ignores it. I get a judgement and she gets notified. She ignores that too. I do an execution and the court goes and takes the money out of her checking account. Now she calls me and leaves a message and in a nice tone of voice.;) I wonder why? I ignored it.

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

We are on the edge of our seat, ... what was the message?

3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Probably her wanting to pay him now, or she needs some work done.

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Well guess what? I doubt that will be happening.

5. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

"Please call me" was the message. Honestly, at this point, I think she's just trying to bait me somehow. I think because she finally realized she got beat that now she's going to try to threaten me in some way. I'm probably the first one to sue her instead of letting her get away with it. Hehehehe.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I got one of those last year, someone who never paid as of another year back but the worst part was since I didn't recognize the phone number, I answered and got caught talking to the person live... Unfortunately my motto being 'just be yourself,' best I can tell you is I don't hide my feelings, thou I remained non abusive in tone, somehow that was the last time they called.

Like yeah, what were they thinking...
    Somehow thou, I kinda get it, I think folks like that never respected us as owners but thought of us as employees or lawn boys, and therefore since we work for them, we HAVE to help them when they call or something along those lines, closest I can figure.

On the other hand, you look at many a business today, more often than not it doesn't matter how slow of a payer you are, you just waltz right back in another time and they sure enough help you again... I personally wouldn't go back there, but some folks do.

btw kudos for going after the money, double kudos for getting it.