why cant Cab Overs tow Anything?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Sep 4, 2010.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Just looking at the manufac specs and finding no tow ratings but a GC of 3000 lbs more than the GV which is tow rating. Anyone have the explaination to this?

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

3000 lbs is not much for a 16k GVW truck

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

you seem to be doing a lot of beotching these days. Is it that time of the month or what?

dont you have some nice bluestone work you can show off?

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

haha. This wasnt meant to be a bich'n. Just asking. I am wondering if cab overs are not meant to tow or something. Now I was deffinately bich'n about my truck body in the other thread.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The trucks are designed to carry not tow a cabover will carry a gross amount of weght. For a example a GMC/Isuzu 3500 cabover will carry more weight than a 3500 dually cab and chassis truck with a flatdeck on it.

I know guys with the GMC W5 cabover trucks carry 6 tons on them. The limiting towing ratings is from the small engines your only dealing with a 6 cylinder engine putting out 150-175hp.

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I tow my 8000 lb. machine/trailer on a regular basis with my isuzu npr diesel. Its not the truck you want if you need to haul a machine daily. My cabover is my everything truck from hauling & dumping to snowplowing & fertilizing. I prefer to tow with my duramax, but the isuzu dumps and has a huge toolbox & a legal payload over 6000 lbs.

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

thats awesome! lets see a pic with the plow

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Go to plowsite,& look at any lawn king post, you will see my npr with a 9' plow.

9. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

small pic but i like the set up. I would be interested in a 4x4 fuso for the next truck.

10. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Ford lCF 450 16,000gvw 26,000gvw the truck weights 10,000lbs and the truck tow hitch is good for 16,000 =26,000 .
    I pull 11,000/ 12,000lb every week and have pulled up to my GCWR no problem .
    my new X and trailer are 14200lbs .
    The truck has 35000mils and seems to be holding up fine. John