why cant Cab Overs tow Anything?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Sep 4, 2010.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I think you will change your mind real fast when you see how much payload you loose to the split (4+4) front axle!

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I know a guy with a 4x4 Mits cabover the truck is high off the ground with a dump deck the floor of the deck is chest height too d*mn high to lift anything on by hand. The truck is also rough riding you have a heavy front axle right under your azz.

If you want a cabover buy a 2wd your not going offroading with it you want the payload capacity and the turning radius.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed! Don't think that you cant pull anything with a cabover, as i already said, i pull my machine with my npr often and i know people that pull maintenance trailers with them every day. If i was hauling heavy equipment 5 & 6 days per week, a cabover would not be my first choice. For everything else, they are very versatile and reliable, good on fuel, easy to service,great visibility & turning radius etc. How often do you see them being towed?

4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I went from an 89 Ford SD(14500GVW) to a 1999 Isuzu NQR (16500GVW) last Oct. and very happy. I tow an 18' enclosed and use the truck lane on long hills. I realize the grades are not as steep as some of your locations but it works fine for my application. The old Ford had more snot but drank the gas. I know the diesels in Detroit trucks have more power but there was nothing to be found that I could put my stakebody on and afford the price. Matt

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

optimus prime might disagree.

Optimus_Prime_in_Argyle_Street_2.jpg

6. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

I know my 6 spd, 6 cylinder, turbocharged FRR would side with Optimus......:weightlifter:

FRR_08.jpg

FRR_09.jpg