Why can't I buy a Kaw from Kaw??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Fareway Lawncare, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hello eXmark,

I will be swapping the 15hp Kaw on a new TracerHP w/a 17hp Kaw. My dealer informs me the new Kaw must be bought through eXmark because of modifications.

Is this true or is he misinformed.

Thank You

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Fareway,

I'm guessing that he read something wrong or somebody gave him some inaccurate information.

Kawasaki sells their engines through Kawasaki authorized dealers. Any Kawasaki dealer should be able to supply the 17 hp we use. Send me an e-mail to terry.eckert@exmark.com with your serial number and I'll give you the "spec" number for the 17 hp used on your machine.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Terry,

My dealer tells me the new Kaw w/the new air filter has been specially made for eXmark & he cannot get it through Kaw.

I don't have the serial # yet because I have just ordered a 36"TTHP & will be swapping the 15hp w/ a New 17hp Kaw.

The dealer insists I have to get the New 17 through eXmark.

Thanks

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Fareway,

I'm sure he's being given this information by somebody but it's not accurate. Send me a pm to terry.eckert@exmark.com with your the name of your dealer, his phone number and who you've been talking to. I'll give them a call and try to straighten things out or at least get them with someone at Kawasaki that can straighten things out. Also let me know why your are swapping out a perfectly good engine?

ALL engines on all models used on any Exmark equipment ever built can be purchased through any dealer authorized by the engine manufacturer.

Thanks,

Terry

5. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Great customer support from eXmark.

Thanks Terry for answering my e-mails promptly & contacting my dealer. I've yet to encounter any company that responds to customer issues like eXmark.