Why can't someone fix lawnsite!?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Apr 5, 2008.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I know this has been posted many times but maybe enough post will get some attention. I know LS is free but the slowness has made it almost impossible to even get to it. I try to get here, you wait,and wait,and wait,and wait, scratch your head, go fix a drink,come back, go fix a sandwich and then if you are lucky the site MAY appear. Every page downloads with the speed of a slug in reverse, and my biggest gripe is when you try to reply to a post, type out a reply, hit submit, and...... you wait, and wait, and wait then get the server is to busy or nothing happens and you lose your reply. Come on techs, this has been a great site and there has got to be a way to solve this problem! This is a great site when is used to work right.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda funny .....at this time it is running better than it has been for weeks...at least at this time. I almost decided to move on it was so bad last week.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

This has been the worst week for me for the past 2 months. I will be surprised if this reply even goes through.

4. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

It just took 6 minutes exactly for the 2nd page to load for me. I know it is free, but come on.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

What's odd, is that for me, everything is running at good speed. When i click on a thread it pops up quick. Most of my replies go up pretty fast. But what's driving me nuts is that I scroll through a page of threads, then click on the next page, whatever that number is, and it just won't go. Just sits here laughing at me. I click and click, but waiting is the only solution. why can everything else work ok, but the next page command sends it into lockup?

6. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never had a problem with the site loading, moving from section to section or uploading an answer. Could your problem be with your own server ?

I generally check the posts three or four times a day. Early in the morning 4:00 to 5:00 AM , later about 9 or 10 AM, mid afternoon and in the evening. No problems at any of those times.

I am using Suddenlink Cable (formerly Cox Cable) .

Nosmo

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

I know what ur talking about! Drives me nuts

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Nosmo -- I'm on Comcast cable and have the same types of problems ... so i seriously doubt that it's because of server issues on the user end !!

9. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I can only guess that it is the IP server or possibly your firewall slowing things down. When I leave my IP blocker running -- Proto Wall -- It takes a long time to load up Lawn Site too.

Some may ask what are you using an IP blocker for --- protection when downloading from copyrighted material sights. eg Movies

10. QualityLawnCare4u

I just tried coming to LS and the first 2 tries were not successful, first time page was just blank white and the second time was able to get here but when clicking the new post icon, back to the slug in reverse going uphill mode. I then tried 3 "other " lawncare sites that opened with blazing speed. I may be wrong but still say its on LS's end. The thrid time I got here but took nearly a minute for the page to open.