Why cant Stihl make 2-Cycle equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by banjoman, Sep 19, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Probably never is my guess...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Ha! I just did all of mine the other day. But you're prolly right about most not doing so. I'd bet they get tossed in the scrap pile from wearing out without ever being greased once for most guys.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

there is no need to grease the gearbox when the 4 mix and c4 engines dont last long enough to wear them out

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

My two strokes start in one pull. And I can go the entire mowing day with only filling up all the handhelds in the morning. That's pretty good in my book.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cgaengineer

You may only have 3 properties in a day...hardly a basis for comparison, I on the other hand have a project where I fill the tanks of an edger or trimmer several times before noon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cgaengineer

I have two units that are 5 years old...just rebuilt the carb on one. My others are two years old and are fine...we maintain a larger town home community and a professional office complex weekly so the units are used many hours in a single day in these alone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

Find the fs 90's at the little old mans tagsales for 50$. That's what I do. I hate the four mix's. Have 4 from 2010-2011 that are broken with bad carbs/valves.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Please elaborate. What is broken? How many service hours? How did you do the diagnosis?

9. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

I have a 4mix fs90 and fc95 that havent had any problems with a few years use. I do like the fs55 but it doesnt have the power of the 90. The shaft broke on the 55 in year 3 also after that the cylander scorched up. I bought a parts 55 and fixed it like new.

I wouldnt say the husquarvna are even close compared to stihl or redmax. I had a 326 top end burn out in a year and half of use. My redmax is from 2007 and is running fine.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

One Husky doesn't prove much. As a whole, they are every bit as good as Stihl and RM, and many of us feel they are better. You'll find far more posts on LS about Stihls (and even RM these days) giving problems than you will any about Husky. That said, I have not had any trouble from any of my 4 mix stuff........yet.Thumbs Up