Why can't we be like elevator companies

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

And, you are? :dizzy:

2. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

The correlation was, your need for surgery is a result (i believe) of working X amount of years in a labor field "earning a living". If you were the elevator guy, you might not need surgery, and would be getting paid to eat a ham on easter.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

can I have some of what you're smoking?

[​IMG]

4. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that is one of the highest paid trades.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Antenna repairmen atop the Empire State Building do pretty well.

6. Elevator work is sort of interesting. I follow the guy around. Go in the penthouse. look at the relays 480volts. Learn why it doesn't always stop in the same exact place. Big motors on those things. The two we have were put in early 60s and an older one that may have been the first elevator in this town. Has double doors that both need to be closed manually. They are a little more labor intensive to service. I like irrigation but I'd work for 200 bucks an hour in the elevator business in a heartbeat. Wouldn't care for the union stuff but I'd deal with it and then vote against them every chance I got.

7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I have a buddy with a contract for the light bulbs in radio towers all over the north east. Talk about a good paycheck. He offered to get me into it a few years back but theres no way my knees could ever talk climbing like that