1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

why can't we PM Mods anymore?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by stumper1620, Nov 9, 2005.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use the PM to report spammers, other things that I felt required attention, now I see we can no longer PM a mod. were they recieving harrassing PMs or do you not want us to contact them this way anymore?
    just wondered, as far as I know I've never abused this.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That's definitely odd for sure. I know I apreciated when you would pm me to let me know we had a spammer on board. I receive pm's every day, and I just double checked my settings to make sure, and i know on my end my pm's are working.
  3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Jodi, I don't mean to hi-jack stumper1620's question but, I have a question of my own. What happened to the sponsor forums like Hustler and the rest of them I cant see them. Did something happen to them or is it just me?

On edit I'm sorry I just now saw what has been changed. I didn't look hard enough at first.
  4. stumper1620

nope can't do it from your cp anymore, have to highlight your name and use the dropdownn list, I just found that out when i went to respond to this.
    I used to just go to my previous PMs and high light your name, hit send PM to 1majortom and I was off to tapping away, now I will have to track down your last post to go that route. wierd. anyway, I'm gonna send you a PM in a miniute about a post I did earlier today.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well I thought there used to be a "report post" button to use... I know a lot of people would actually start a thread about a spammer, but since they occour everynight that's a waste of bandwidth space. Iv'e never PM'ed a Mod about it, just hit the report post button. It's been a long while since I was on here in the middle of the night (when spammers hit) So I guess I never noticed the button missing.
  6. stumper1620

I seem to have good timing for being on here in the mornings when they hit, so I just drop jodi or charles a PM to let them know. today I fouled up a post and wanted jodi to check it out for me and thats when I found out the usual route of PM would'nt work anymore.