why cant you net over 100k solo? is my math wrong?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by georgialawn88, Jul 1, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes sir I understand that. But what I was asking for was what were the flaws? and was I missing anything finance wise. I already know I can do 30/day because that's how many I do. I also already know the profit on each house. or avg should I say. I was looking for things like someone stated above maint cost. Once I start using it more the maint will go up. That was a good point. But people were saying I couldn't do 30 accounts a day. I know I can that's a fact. not a guess. Some subd I have 15 in there. I don't have to load up my ride on but 3 or 4 times. don't by 11:00 in that subd

2. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hate to say this, but you are wrong! Period. Please enter the real world not theory.

3. georgialawn88

I did 30 accounts yesterday.....

4. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

Says the guy who lists push mowers in his sig. To the op, keep pushing for it, don't let haters discourage you. If you accomplish your goal and can't net what you are hoping to, up your price and weed out the long drives to make more profit per day.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

You need look at better paying jobs I only have 57 lawns and I make 80k to 100k per year just on mowing
    The highest I ever was 250 lawns that was in late 80s I never been solo might been day I was. I like 57 vs 250 less stress. I make more on the 57 lawns then I did on the 250

In your math where is you fuel cost

6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have my equipment for my business, I am not sure what a push mower listing has anything to do with anything - but theory doesn't not belong in real business only real numbers. Theoretically you could drive to the moon, you just have to wait till they build the road.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

You giving some advice about hitting 100k and From you sig we know you never will , since you post last 2 mowers being a push mower out of 3 mowers
    Everybody knows a pushmower is a time waster.
    I have a push mower only get used on New sod jobs or new seeding jobs I mow them till the ground firms up.

I never pack one in the truck

So my advise to you ditch the pushmower and buy a bigger mower and the trip to the moon will be shorter

8. georgialawn88

synder, fuel was added in already to the profit of cost. Thanks for advice btw. I love when people critic but do not have anything to back it up. Ralph had no facts he just said it was impossible. Again, thanks for advice

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I disagree,, projections are used in the absence of real numbers one could say those projections are theoretical, in construction one has to theorize the road to the moon first before construction begins.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lawnjunky

lawnjunky LawnSite Member

Ralph I don't believe your comment set well. haha. List facts why the op cant make 100k. he asked for what hes missing not ignorant posts.

GL, You seem to be right except for expenses that arise when your using your equipt right. 30 yards a day is a bunch but if you do it you know how many you can do. good luck