1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why Crack Heads Love Us

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rhett, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

While cleaning a parking lot Monday I was approached by a guy with an unbelievable story and a brand new Stihl 310 chain saw for sale ( Guy was so bright that it still had the sale tag hanging off of it). After quickly deducting that I was not interested he took off in a hurry. Went about half a block to the dealer and sure enough they were missing one. While talking with the police officer he got to laughing at how common theft of commercial equipment has become. Crackheads love the fact that they can take a piece of equipment and sell it to another LCO just a couple of blocks away. Sure enough two hours later when they caught the guy, he had already sold the saw, acquired two blowers and a weed eater. Had sold one blower, the weed eater and was talking with a LCO about selling the last blower. This is all before 0930. I guess this just proves that sometimes we as a group are our own worst enemy. If this trend continues maybe we could cut out the crack head by just meeting in a parking lot on Monday morning and exchanging equipment.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

funny story
  3. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I fail to see the humor.
  4. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Where do ya think i got my wifes engagement ring!:D
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda like the guy in the parking lot with some "extra" speakers......... I always wondered, how does one end up with "extra" speakers????

I kinda like the idea of exchanging equipment....... Try out everything before you buy it from the crack-head...LOL
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

HAY! are new demo plan-----Crackheads on the weekends in parking lots:D
  8. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Rhett, next time punch that SOB in the head and take it away from him. Call the cops and tell them you found it in some bushes.

The worst thing that could happen is it gets put into evidence as found property, the best thing is the cop that comes to you will be the one who just took the report for the item being stolen.

Glassheads don't have a large roaming area, they stay pretty close to where they live and buy their dope.

Just a reminder to you all, enscribe on all your equipment sometype of I.D. number that you and only you know. Put it somewhere they won't look and someplace where when your asked if that piece of equipment is yours and can you prove it, you can say, "yeah, right here is the # I put on all my equipment and then proceed to show them where it is and also that you've put it on your other equipment and show them a piece of it as well."

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

4. You are not permitted to discuss, mention or make reference to illegal activities, including but not limited to drugs, terrorism, etcÂ…
  10. X-mow

X-mow LawnSite Member

Well They carry bolt cutters here. We parked in front on a CHRISTIAN BOOK STORE friday locked up the equipment as usual.
    When we come back out the lock on the trimmer rack is cut and 2 out of 3 trimmers are gone. In broad day light , it was like
    12 noon .Man was I mad.:angry: :angry: :angry: