Why do customers pick you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Jan 20, 2005.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

A good referral is GOLDEN !! simple things are appreciated by potential customers like showing up on time and calling them back. This sets the stage for how the relationship will be during the time you are working for them. It builds trust. Appearance, both yours and your equipments , say something about your status in the business. Intrinsic or unseen things are what land the better paying customer.[IMO]

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Makes me wonder how they got a total of 264.2%

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, obviously people were allowed to "check all that apply". So they could choose more than one answer from the list. Thus, you can't add them up and expect it to add up to 100%.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

While that is an interesting poll it is not very informative. They left out price. Did they pick the company based on price alone or in combination with other factors? I know that they included "other" but when if they had put price by it's self I think it would have made a difference. I also would have liked to have seen "Don't know".

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess people feel more comfortable hearing someone besides the landscape contractor(a satisfied customer) is pleased with the work. Anyone can talk a good game, but pictures and references from past jobs tell the story much better.