Why do folks list all their stuff?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by peckwood, Dec 18, 2007.

1. peckwood

peckwood LawnSite Member

Why? Does the equipment make you a better landscaper? What about education and experience? Oh, I'm sorry this is not about quality it's about the quantity of stuff we have. My signature is a JOKE! I just think it's crazy to list your stuff. Most of you don't even know what kind of turf you are maintaining. ?????

2. caus i is proud of all mine stuf.

3. peckwood

peckwood LawnSite Member

I love you man! Dat's da best laugh I have had today... Well since I went to the bathroom!

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Jb1 I Hope Thatz A Joke Itz Got Me Laughing.

5. hay dont laf, i spent 20 yeers gettin all that

6. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah this idea has been expressed before. I guess it is not a huge deal, but like I stated before, it just seems to be a lot of information to sort through in a thread. Someone will post a one line question or response and you have 20 lines in the person's signature to glance over before you get to the next post. Then you have 15 lines of signature before the next post, and so on. It just makes for a lot of clutter.

7. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Just make your sig font smaller. . .

And yes, some guys do go overboard. I think it's helpful to see, though, because it's nice to know who you're gettin' advice from - I think the majority of us don't lie about our equipment. :nono:

Anyway, it doesn't matter how much stuff you've got, if ya don't post anything but jokes/sarcasm.

8. paradise32258

paradise32258 LawnSite Member

lol this is all true but im so new i dont even know how to list all my crap lol

9. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i have often wondered thing same thing
    some are funny though ...they list everything down to the make of their plastic gas jug lol

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think it's any big deal and can be helpful at times. I've done it before and may do it again.