Why do I never see anything about Snapper equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pikefool, Oct 25, 2004.

1. pikefool

pikefool LawnSite Member

New to this site, but have been reading heavily and realized that I have not seen anything about Snapper equipment. Why is that. Personal experiences welcome. Thanks!
    :help:
    Aaron

Liberty Lawncare likes this.
  2. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper is homeowner junk buy commercial grade and you will be much happyer trust on that.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

excuse me?? i have a COMMERCIAL WB not a piece of junk...i would put it up against an exmark or anything anyday!

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

i worked for a company for a couople of years that ran all snapper. hydro walkbehinds and 21"

All were very well built solid pieces of commercial quality equipment. The walkbehinds have a very nice cut and stripe just not the speed of new designs. The WB controls (loop grip) was a pistol grip alternative long before exmark and others had the idea.
    The same company I worked for is still using those mowers, and they are 6-8 years old now.

The 21" snappers area a simple rugged design that has stood the test of time. I am not as impressed of the cut as some people but I am not impressed by the cut of any 21" mower. for longevity get a 21" with a good commercial engine.

I can't say anything about the new ZTRs exept they look as good as any others out there.

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I've never used any Snapper equipment but the walk behinds and ztr's look pretty good on their website. I'm sure it would be good equipment and hold up well.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Look under some of my posts , and search "snapper". I used them exclusively until this year when I switched to Wrights. There is nothing "junk" about them. If 7 gauge adjustable decks, Kawasaki engines, and service free spindles are "junk", there are a lot of other mowers out there that fall in that category then..BTW-I still have a 2 cycle 21" from 12 years ago, and it still starts on the first or second pull.And a BBC 4 cycle from 16 years ago.I couldn't even imagine the hours on that mower..

olderthandirt and MMLawn like this.
  7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I know this is homeower stuff, but how does the 28 inch h-vac rear engine riding mower deck mulch? Anybody know?

8. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member

snappers are very nice mowers

9. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I think (hope) Liberty means buy into a commercial Snapper. However, I've had neighbors & friends run Snapper residential stuff on their own lawns for years with no problems, so I wouldn't be able to say anything bad about either the residential or commercial lines.

Personally, I bought my first Snapper product in June. It's the Snapper Pro Fastback Z, 52" with 21hp Kawasaki twin stick model. Love it and would be my first choice if adding another Z to my stable. It's built just as well or better then some of the others out there, and cuts just as good or better. One reason for not hearing a lot about them is this is their second season of building a twin stick commercial Z, they've had the joystick model for quite some time but that was hard to control on hills therefore not a popular model. From what I understand their WB products have been great, in fact I'll be looking into them next spring.

Buck

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I started out with a 21" snapper. Still got it. Snapper doesn't have a lot of dealers. So thats why you don't see alot of them. I almost bought a snapper hydro, but got a better deal on a ferris. Their height adjustment on the floating decks is the best design I have seen.