Why do people buy Ford trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Fleet sales discounts.... this is why you see the police and town cars and emergency vehicles are all Fords. It boils down to price and also what the decision makers of the departments want.

I will admit, Ford makes a better police car than Chevy or Dodge right now!

2. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

The hardest thing for us is finding a extended wheel base truck that will handle a 14 ft. dump /drop side box .not too picky as long as has low profile tires and under 16,000gwv.just put out$2200 to replace pump on newer 6.5 chevy engine 3500hd /14 ft. box /500 gallon skid. It easily paid for it self in a couple days of apps.Wore out 95 dodge 1ton /14 ft. dump box with drop side runs fine 290,000 mi. haul leafs ,brush, dirt, gravel . It looks 30 years old but pays for it shelf .

3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Rust buckets??? 268K miles...a 93...and no rust.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The undercover state patrol here uses Dodge Chargers. The new ones.

Sexy.

5. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry FORD SUV I think everyone needs to be aware facts are facts, sorry if it hurts your feelings! Bcf Yes I was caught with a .5 yard of dirt in my truck with only owning it 2200 miles after purchase and that is FORD MOTOR COMPANY laided it on me that this truck was not made for this a engineer saw it in the dealership after the pot metal fuel line broke. Potmetal fuel lines and diesels don't go together (vibrations). Then three transfer case fell out in the middle of the highway???:confused: And then they accused me also of plugging my cell phone in the ciggarette lighter. Which as you know is against FORD's Warranty too. When actually they pinched my computer wires when they put the fuel rail on.

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I had a chevy 2500hd (2001), sold it to buy a 2000 f350, needless to say im buying a 2006 chevy 2500hd this month. I miss my chevy. Im keeping my ford because its a dump and serves its purpose well, and I like it, it saves me alot of time and money, but it already needed a tranny at 53k miles whereas my chevy had 75k miles and had the original tranny and was plowed with. Chevys from here on out, unless I find a sweet deal on fords.

7. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Travel 'n Trees, has it ever occured to you that, first of all, no one is listening to you anymore, and second, maybe you have a lemon truck? There may be a lemon law to help you out here, I dunno. I would bet that you have a lemon truck, I work with a guy here just about 45 minutes west of you, that has an 04 550 6.0 psd, 4 door, w/ crysteel duece dump box from the factory. Ford, or at least our dealer, never has a problem taking care of warranty for him, and until DOT busted them this year, he would haul 4 ton of GRAVEL in the bed, 22' 14K equipment trailer and Bobcat T300, way overloaded, and they knew this. If all you have to say is how crappy your Ford is, great, go get a different truck, but don't tell everyone else to never buy a Ford, I admit that I will never buy at least an 03 or 04 6.0, but any other Ford diesel, I have a 96, work around 87's all the way up to that 04 every day, they are good trucks, every manufacturer has good ones and bad ones. You happen to have a bad one, and a bad dealer, but don't expect everyone on this site to feel sorry for you or join your cause, because the Ford Super Duty is a workhorse of a truck.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

They are all good trucks but I'm a FORD man:cool2: :cool2:

9. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Maybe Travel n Trees should buy another Ford (I sure hope it is a good one), and he would just realize that everyone produces a lemon once in a while. Ford does make a great truck if it is assembled right. You just have to pray and hope you get a good one. So far, I love my Ford, and it also has the 6.0 diesel (the devil's engine).

I have read on Lawnsite and other sites about guys with lemon Fords. Guys with lemon Chevys. Guys with lemon Dodges. Guys with lemon Toyotas. Guys with lemon Nissan Titans.

So make your choice between the 5 lemons. Some may be fresh, some may be stale. (If you get what I am saying)

10. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry to many corners cut, my truck was a (factory installed dump) Funny dealers across the U.S. say the same thing, and if built right, like the first lincolns? TSB's are TSB's sorry has nothing to do with build but design.