why do people do this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Sep 25, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

when someone asks for help on which mower to get and they list what their dealer stocks. example (exmark, scag, hustler) and someone tells them they should get a john deere? why do people do this? if its not a choice then why point it out? opinions please.

2. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

Because Everyone Owns The Best Mower Made So You Should Buy What They Use Even If You Have To Drive A Hundred Miles To Get One

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

So true. I Like eXmark mowers but does that mean that an eXmark is best for everyone? I've heard it said time & time again that it comes down to dealer support and I believe that to be 100% true.

Rob

4. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

That's RIGHT!!! In fact, you should all come to MY DEALER and buy from him so I can get a big discount for refering you!!! :laugh:

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Because this site is all about opinions, if you ask me if you should buy a Great Dane or a Lesco my opinion would be that they are both sh*t and you should buy a Wright or a Toro....That would be my opinion.

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I wish that people would come to my dealer and I would get a big discount for referring them. Only problem is my dealer is too big to be worried about getting customers and give big discounts to me for referring someone.:) :) :)

7. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Once in a great while tho, someone recommends a better piece of equipment for one's needs based on geography, climate, operator size (lol), etc., but yes too often the reason for narrow choices is overlooked, and folks are opinionated. That being said, I have bought a very expensive turfteq sidewinder, and have no local dealer here at all. It is just so beyond any other bedshaper that I dont care. I will order parts from up North as needed, and I have a great mechanic that can fix anything. It has a Honda engine that any Honda mechanic can fix, so, I could have gone with "dealer support" and a much lesser machine for the next 20 years, or the ultimate, so, there is no absolute way to figure this stuff out. With overnight parts from anywhere in America, you CAN buy ANY piece of equipment you want regardless of your "dealer" who may or may not have what you ultimately NEED!!!

8. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I disagree! Walkers are the best mowers made and you should all come to my dealer in Colorado!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

lawnwizards, if I were you I would buy the Artic plow the Western is no good. PS, I have never owned a plow before but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I hate it when people change the thread to something else.
    I hate it when people have an opinion on something they have never even tried let alone have owned. What are they, physic?
    I hate it when people etc

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

A majority depends on dealer support, and avalibility in a certain region. Price might be a small factor but the site is opinion based and individual opinions are whats given.
    Personally from having been employed in two different mower shops, I have worked on, sold, and test ran/driven many brands. Some of them brands were great, some were junk but I know that experince has helped me lean towards or away from a specific machine.