Why do people list their equipment in their signature area?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Mar 14, 2005.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it prove something? What's the point? Seriously. Are you cool if your list is long? Does it show you're 'not a scrub'? Please explain someone. I'm not knocking those that do it, I just don't get it.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Some members I'm sure feel that by listing their equipment, it will help other members answer their bidding and estimating questions more accurately if they know what equipment they use. That maybe could be one reason.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have always wondered about that too.

4. lawnguyland

Ahhhh yes, a very good point. This is why I ask such questions. thanks!

5. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I too wish everyone would list their equipment (I am gonna get around to it soon), you can really tell a lot about that person (like walking into someones bathroom and looking in the medicine cabinet), their style, perhaps their flexibility, innovativeness, etc. and certain specific questions about equipment can be directed where need be.

6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

If you think seeing long signatures in annoying (like me), you can set your preferences so they don't show.

7. lawnguyland

Thank you too, good info, I did not know that!

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I get a lot of pm's from people wanting to know how I like my equipment. If I didn't list it they wouldn't have been able to ask because they wouldn't have known that I have the equipment. The equipment list can also give other users an idea of the size of the business and the services they perform. (i.e. if there is an areator in the list the business probably provides areation).

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Based upon that, is your wife right or not? LOL

10. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I think the real reason is ego. Look what I got!