Why do people who are moving do this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I got an email this am from a person who says they are going to be moving and need the yard cleaned by Wednesday. Now keep in mind that this is Sunday, Easter Sunday. She says that she needs to get the yard "cleaned up" so she can move before Wednesday. Goves me a very generic address.

Ok so heres the deal....I dont mind helping her IF I can fit into my scheduale. The only day I have to do it is on Tuesday.

I emailed her back, since she left no number, and told her I need a specific address that I could not quote a "clean up" over the email and that Tuesday was my only day. So now....I have to play tag with her to try and get the information. Rest assured....I am not going to change my whole scheduale to accomodate her since this is sooo short notice.

Now.....I dont mind one time cleanups.....although I do not know if she will be moving and staying in the area....possible more work.....IF I HAVE TIME. Hmmmmmm.....can you guess what type of money is going to be charged for this situation???? Thats right.....it aint gonna be cheap.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be real careful with that one Jeff...like being paid in advance for one.

3. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I would also want to be paid in advance for this one payup

4. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Yeah sound's a little fishy to me !

5. Carolina Cutter

Oh no doubt........IF I take it....there will be money IN HAND before I even unload.

But I know the company that these people work for.....its one of the top secret military types......and I now what kinda money they make.....have 3 others customers from the same place.

Oh and get this.....you think the government doesnt believe in being annonymous?

When I get calls from this place from the people who work there the number shows up as (000) 555-1212.....that is a fictional movie number...notice the NO area code...LOL....and if they leave you a number to actually call them back....when they answer the phone it is all this jargen and then "This line IS NOT SECURE"

But the customers I have gotten from the ad I placed there have been great!

6. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Back in the days before 411 and nationwide directory assistance, 555-1212 used to be the # for information. Substitute your local area code. Maybe they are all just telephone opperators. lol. :p

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I would tell her signt un seen minuim is $1000 with $500 up-front n we go from there .... I get these all the time in spring .... moving ....need to rent ..... neighbor's complaining ... what ever it is .... give the big estimate ...never here from em ...n a month later the place still looks the same

8. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Seriously?!?...

Man, Canada is a different world I guess hey?!

Wow...That seems soooo bizarre to me...

Not to mention sketchy..lol...I agree with you guys about getting this one BIG and up front!!

Good luck Merlin!

-Reuben

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Charge 50% more than usual get the money up front, no money no cleanup Simple huh?

10. Carolina Cutter

No its part of the military stuff....top secret.