Why do so many LCO's fail?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kebrowns, Oct 15, 2012.

1. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Would this person be you by chance?

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Just some lawn turd I know.

3. Doin_It

Doin_It LawnSite Member

Mr. Scott Barnes,
    This is a very interesting comment, the reason it is so interesting to me is, you've been a member for 2 years, and have over 7600 posts, when the heck do you actually go out and work?

I have done extremely well, in my opinion, in the past 7/8 years "lawn mowing", if you "lawn mowed" as well as you posted you could have a fancy car.....personally I got into real-estate, which to me is even more fun then being a landscaper. If you go find my other post I put up to night you'll see you can make money.

4. Doin_It

Doin_It LawnSite Member

Darryl Gesner........I thought I was doing well and saving $$$'s by getting the quart, and refilling the little bottles so the guys don't mix wrong.

I'm gonna have to step it up and price the 5 gallon pails. Though that would take 2 summers to blow.

Another money saving tip....buy by the gallon.........learned something new today. Now I can go to bed happy.

5. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Where is the "Like" button? Completely agree!

6. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! I'm really impressed. There is some other guy here that said he even owned buildings with elevators!

I could buy "real estate" and buildings with elevators too and put them on my credit card. Not because I have a large credit limit but because they are so cheap.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I've gotten back into real estate as well. Simple deals. Short sales that can be cleaned and sold quickly below market value. The days of big 5 digit profits are long gone. Houses are selling but lenders are ultra picky on condition. Fixer uppers aren't getting financed these days. Some days I feel like I'm juggling ten chainsaws, but reward comes with responsible risk.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I originally had a couple quart bottles of Opti-2 that have dispensers on them, but squeezing the bottles was kind of a pain, so now I just pour one into the other and refill from my gallon bottle now and then.