Why do the forums keep moving around on the site?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Lawn Masters, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I keep looking at this site, it seems every day, one or more of the forums is moved to a different location on the main page. WTF? just leave the damn things alone so I can find em easily. seeing things move around EVERY friggin day is getting VERY VERY annoying to me.

Sorry, just had to let this be known, it bugs me.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Lawn your not alone. I was looking for the sponsor forums and I could not find them I thought they were gone then I saw that they had been moved just below the mowing forum. This is making me dizzy trying to keep up with this. I'm a creature of habit I did at one time know every inch of this site but now I'm not sure what's going to be here tomorrow.

Rob

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Same here.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Nothing progresses without change. Does your company never change anything? If so, then your business will become stale.
    The forums are changing I would assume because Sean is organizing the forum. I think so far the changes have been nothing but positive.
    Btw, I relocated this thread over to the correct forum it belongs in. ;)

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

"I like to believe that I try to make things simple to understand. And frankly, if I can understand it, then I figure everybody else can understand it... But I try to make things simple and as clear as I can, and I think that helps you persuade other people."

- Jack Valenti
    Former CEO of The Motion Picture Association of America

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay we got a 17 year old and 24 year old complain they can't find a forum that has been moved. I thought the youngsters were suppose to be more computer savvy than the older people. :dizzy: :D :cry:

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

DLS,It took me like a minute or two to find what I was looking for because the forums were not in the same spot as they always were. As far as computer savvy, hell half the time I want to throw this friggin thing out the window but, if I did that then I would not be able to read LS everyday now would I?

Rob

8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Consumers do not like change. If you constantly change things on the customer end then they will eventually get aggravated and move on. How would you feel if the cable company changed your service regularly? They can change anything they want within the company, but if they changed channels around all the time I would cancel.

Our power company just changed the way their statement looks and everyone I have talked to about it hates it. My Mother-n-law can't make heads or tails out of it.

How many times have you walked into a store that rearranged their Ilse and you got aggravated trying to find what you were looking for? A local hardware store use to do this all the time. They finally stopped after many complaints.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The correlation between a grocery store changing their aisles and Lawnsite relocating their forums is not the same. Grocery stores periodically change their aisles because the whole intention in doing so is to keep the customer in the store LONGER. Customers are known to go straight for what they want and when they know exactly where it is, they pass everything else by without so much as a glance. When the aisles are rotated, then the customer is forced to look longer for the items they want. This then leads to them seeing other items they never noticed before, and they will in turn purchase more. Sean is just organizing the forum, which I think makes it easier on the eyes.
    Sure human nature does not like change, but if nothing ever changed, then we would still be driving the horse and buggy. For that matter, I'm surprised you were able to adapt when the internet was born. If internet wasn't here, you'd be forced to go to the library if you wanted to learn more about the green industry. Change is, for the most part, good, except when it involves increase in prices. And we don't have worry about that here, Lawnsite is free to all. :waving:
    And for that, my thanks goes to Sean.

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

It don't matter what any other companies do. Change is the sole discrection of the owner of the business, if he chooses wrong he will lose customers.
    This is Seans business. If he made a wrong choice he will know it long before the members do and will correct the problem, or suffer from the mistake. Don't believe for a moment that would happen. :blob3: