Why Do they have grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Mar 31, 2003.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Another thinking thread:
    I would be very interested in having a survey done asking about people's landscape. How many really care how perfect it is, as long as it is there? I know our (most of us anyway) customers really care about their landscape, mostly as a status symbol, but what percentage are they?
  2. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

It's different for everyone, I think. Just a couple of examples - I've got a client who owns a restaurant that is not all that concerned about improving the way his frontage appears. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but it could be nicer. I'm working on him slowly :)

I've got a lady I just cut today, I swear every time I see her she talks about how proud she is of her lawn and how beautiful it is. She' always asking me what can she do to it next to make it better. I love it. I've got another client that owns a small office building who is very particular about the appearance, which is also a great thing. The type folks that value quality are the ones that that will probably never leave you as long as you deliver.
  3. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

It's all about tolerances. To some people, a yard full of weeds is just fine. To others, so long as it's green, its good. To some others, it has to be weed free, but who cares about how many pesticides we use? To others it's a matter of, well I want my lawn to be healthy, but I don't want to use pesticides. It all depends on what kind of people you are working with.