Why do they hire them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Jul 19, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I see a lot of different competition each day. Some are very good and do a good job but then there are those guys that have the beatup truck with the beat up mowers that do a bad job and only get hired because they do it cheap. I don't want to be stereotypical or anything but most of the time its people from a mexican descent and are immigrants to this wonderful country. What I don't understand is why people hire them? Sure they wanna save some money but for the extra bucks wouldn't you want quality and and honesty?

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

apparently not.

3. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

don't want to be stereotypical or anything but most of the time its people from a mexican descent and are immigrants to this wonderful country. What I don't understand is why people hire them?

Hey I work for myself and a I put pride on my work, the way you paint this picture sound "stereotypical" to me, in may opinion every tree has a bad fruit, and yes I'm from Mexico, and an immigrant in this beautiful country for over 15y.

Sure they wanna save some money but for the extra bucks wouldn't you want quality and and honesty?

I have insurance, I don't underprice (I have a family to help support, my wife has a bigger income than me) and I'm an honest person.

4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you consider a bad job first off? I know that there is a lot of tension in this type of profession lately due to the amount of new lawn cutters n landscapers coming about. Me and my boss had a big discussion about it at lunch the other day, how it really doesn't matter who the hell you are, race, nationality, have a 1960 Ford Mason dump and equipment that just barely gets the job done, its the type of person you are. If your hard working, honest, and a good worker there is nothing to be ashamed of or battered upon by others. Hell I know some guys that have 25 trucks are scumbags and think they are gods gift/king of the industry, but "Oh wow look at that truck, its a 2004, look at that lettering, i want that truck in front of my property.....oh they missed a spot there, oh well they'll get it next time.....its been a couple of weeks where are they?.....they aren't returning my calls.....here they are.....they charged me twice, because they had to double cut?.....

Jeff