1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Why does every rookie do this?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by xstatikplus, Aug 20, 2014.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't stand that

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

You mean the guys in the Chevy Cavaliers and Ford Probes with the 8" rice burner exhaust.... those 4 cyl with K&N filters are pretty awesome you know! :rolleyes:

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

My ricer sounds more like a crotch rocket. The owner of one of my dealers wanted me to rev it in town because he hasn't heard a vtec in awhile, the sound bounced off every building hahaha. It's only like a 5 inch racing exhaust though :).

I always like the "what do I do now?". One time I kinda went off, you have been working for me about 500 hrs now, you tell me? We mow, trim, and blow. You trimmed, I am mowing, so what does that leave?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I ain't no rookie and you'll rarely see me running my blower full throttle on hard surfaces, my Husky 580 is loud as hell and will rip up the crack-seal if I do that :p

5. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

Don't point blower nozzle straight down rookie ;p
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys totally missed the biggest rookie mistake....cutting the whole lawn but forgot to drop the deck (on a zero turn). I had a guy cut a 3 acre lawn with the deck in the transport position. :hammerhead:

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That's not a rookie mistake. Everyone does that. Infact I did it Sunday lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet it wasn't 3 acres though

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Had a guy that had been with our family business for 10 years do it on a 15 acre field.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I have done in many times. I never did it on anything that big, and normally realize the lawn doesn't look right after a few passes. Where I have done all or most of the lawn, I try reassure myself that the lawn needed to be double anyway.:drinkup: