Why does every rookie do this?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by xstatikplus, Aug 20, 2014.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't stand that

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

You mean the guys in the Chevy Cavaliers and Ford Probes with the 8" rice burner exhaust.... those 4 cyl with K&N filters are pretty awesome you know! :rolleyes:

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

My ricer sounds more like a crotch rocket. The owner of one of my dealers wanted me to rev it in town because he hasn't heard a vtec in awhile, the sound bounced off every building hahaha. It's only like a 5 inch racing exhaust though :).

I always like the "what do I do now?". One time I kinda went off, you have been working for me about 500 hrs now, you tell me? We mow, trim, and blow. You trimmed, I am mowing, so what does that leave?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I ain't no rookie and you'll rarely see me running my blower full throttle on hard surfaces, my Husky 580 is loud as hell and will rip up the crack-seal if I do that :p

5. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

Don't point blower nozzle straight down rookie ;p
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys totally missed the biggest rookie mistake....cutting the whole lawn but forgot to drop the deck (on a zero turn). I had a guy cut a 3 acre lawn with the deck in the transport position. :hammerhead:

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That's not a rookie mistake. Everyone does that. Infact I did it Sunday lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet it wasn't 3 acres though

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Had a guy that had been with our family business for 10 years do it on a 15 acre field.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I have done in many times. I never did it on anything that big, and normally realize the lawn doesn't look right after a few passes. Where I have done all or most of the lawn, I try reassure myself that the lawn needed to be double anyway.:drinkup: