Why does every rookie do this?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by xstatikplus, Aug 20, 2014.

1. indplstim

indplstim LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

2. Seth Burgess

Seth Burgess LawnSite Member
    from UK

You'd think the buggers would notice that they've not cut anything when they turn around to do the next stripe!

3. Steve Voss

Steve Voss LawnSite Member

both guys in the back yard,, when one could dip out early, and get the blower started before I am finished mowing.

4. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Classic rookie mistake: forgets to blow off the back patio or deck. And we've all done it.

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I too mow initials into lawns... Or intricate patterns and designs...

I have kind of gotten a name for it in my area...

Pretty cool...

6. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

One of the guys at church came to help one day. I put him on the ZT and I started the trimming and other things. He finished the entire yard, 45000 sq ft when I saw what he did, left the deck in transport mode. His nickname is now "Remow"

7. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I've had guys blow off areas that had been mowed, but hadn't been trimmed yet. Real annoying to have to go back a second time.

8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Noobs never place safety cones around their truck/trailer. Oh wait.....I think I am the only old timer that does that.

9. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

We do that, around here's it's the law if you've got a commercial vehicle and parked by a curb or roadside, you must have cones. You see all the utilities, and even most delivery trucks that are stopped for more than a minute or so doing it. Teenage girls + cell phones + VW bugs = new underwear.

10. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Mowing in transport is one thing.

When we hire a guy, 9/10 when i show them how I want them to mow, how to run the mower etc. Ill go inside the office and let them mow the front. When I come back out i canhear something different, offcourse they forgot to turnthe blade on.

That and missing areas with the trimmer. I chalk it up to not knowingthe properties and what needs to be trimmed. I know off the top of my head what/where needs to be trimmed on each property do to experience, them not so much.