1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why doesnt Dixie chopper have a walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Masters, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering, Whay doesnt Dixie chopper feature a WB like most other brands do?
  2. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

4. Lawn Masters

I was thinking more like a conventional machine, you know, a slightly better looking unit, or something like a turf tracer. but I neglected to check out the Run behind model.
  5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like a pretty mean machine. I would like to check one out. Anyone know how much?
  6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i herd it wasnt good at all....it guzzles gas.........really heavy......you cant "yank" it around like a regular wb.....they suck on hills......they are HUGE....no much smaller than a Zmower
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You should have tried one then. With a 28 hp engine it will use more fuel then a normal walkbehind but it also has the power to go through stuff a normal walkbehind won't at speeds that will buckle a Kawasaki KAI engine. If you take the riding platform off (it's easily removable) it's actually shorter than most every walkbehind except the Quick. Yes it is true that you can't muscle the mower but why would you want to. It has the most advanced hydro system available and will do anything you want it to with little effort. The only reason I don't have one is they aren't available in a 36".
  8. Lawn Masters

Ok, well, I guess I aint getting one either then, if it doesnt come with a 36" deck optionally.