Why doesn't Lawnsite offer a chat room?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Vassk1, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Vassk1

Vassk1 LawnSite Member

Don't you think a chat room feature here would make a great addition to lawnsite? It's being done on other websites and the interface here is better than most, in my opinion.

It really should be looked into. Maybe it already exists I just can't see it.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Lawnsite used to have a chat room. It was an aol chat room so you needed AOL instant messenger to utilize it. I believe it was removed because there wasn't much activity in it anymore. However, I will move this thread to the support forum, to see what others have to say.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Jodi, I would like to see a chat room here myself, think it would be great expecially with Gedd in it:)

4. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I type too slow to enjoy a chat room. It took me about a half hour to type this.:drinkup:

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I have been thinking about this...problem in the past was anyone and everyone could access the room and often times things were so off the wall and arguments occurred and things got out of hand - no ones fault in particular - just not easy to be effective when a lot of people are trying to talk at once...was thinking of maybe having something...will address it soon on the forum

6. Vassk1

Vassk1 LawnSite Member

You're right. No question your biggest problem will be too many posters using it. You've got like 30,000 members. How many people can actually "talk" at once before everything goes crazy?

7. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

A chat room would be good but most turn into a Bun fight when so open. If members paid a little for a chat room membership then it might weed out the trash that often errupts.

I'd love to see a positive Rep points system so a members value can be gauged by others.

8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

how bout chat room / networking w/ others room set it up by state or area
    of the country example ( north east u.s. /south east u.s. and so on or by each state and then maybe some common rooms by subject
    just doing a little brain storming