Why Exmark?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by JJOHN22042, Feb 17, 2002.

1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Stuck between Exmark Metro Hp 48" and the Scag 48''. Why is Exmark a better than Scag? :blob4: :blob4:

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

JJOHN22042:

Thanks for contacting Exmark Manufacturing with your question. Both Exmark and Scag manufacture quality walk-behinds. You've narrowed your search to the top two players in the walk-behind market, and each brand has it's advantages. For example, Exmark offers the ECS controls on the '02 Metro HP, and Scag has the old pistol grip system. If you like the ECS controls, this is an advantage for Exmark.

Scag offers a 17-hp engine on their 48" walk-behind, and we have a 15-hp engine on our 48". This may be an advantage or disadvantage for Scag depending on how much money you have to spend. We used to offer a 17-hp Kaw. on our 48" Metro HP (MHP), but we decided to drop it because many of our customers chose the 15-hp instead. Both engines have the same displacement (30.1cc) and compression (8:5:1). There is only a slight difference in the engine torque produced by the 17-hp (27.3 ft.-lbs. / 2400 RPM) and 15-hp (25.5 ft.-lbs. / 2400 RPM) engines. If this was a hydro drive unit, power might be more of an issue.

Performance-wise, I don't know if you will see a large difference between the two products. Both mowers do a good job of cutting grass, or else they wouldn't sell as well as they do. See if you can demo the units and see what you think.

The real reason I think Exmark is better than brand X, Y, or Z is because of our dealers, distributors, and manufacturer representatives. At Exmark, we are passionate about our business. Exmark's Customer Service and Support groups are second to none. We strive to maintain close relationships with our customers and are pro-active in solving issues that arise. That is why we were one of the first (or were we the first. . .I can't remember for sure) commercial mower manufacturers to get involved with lawnsite.com. It's just another avenue for us to help our customers and gather information from the field.

See what the other members of lawnsite.com think and talk to other local landscapers who use each brand of mowers. If you still have questions, you can either make another post or e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Now that you've mentioned it, I'd just like to say that I really do appreciate you guys opening up a forum here at Lawnsite! It's turned out to be just as helpful as Lawnsite itself to us eXmark owners! Keep up the great work, guys.

Hey, I got a good one for you JJOHN22042! Does SCAG have a forum on Lawnsite? I didn't think so! Just a little FYI, LOL. Go w/ the eXmark. You won't be sorry, in fact you'll be glad you did! Just make sure you get the model that is right for you.

5. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

E-Mailed Scag Today to ask a Question:

Why not put Scag onto this Web Site? Just take a look how many Lawn Care people use it. Think it would be good for Scag and also Scag Owners information could be passed along. Have love Scag for years but have seen many people leave your Brand. I Bet you could boost sales by 5% this spring will doing something so easy but helpful. LawnSite.com

SCAG:

We appreciate the time you have taken to e-mail us and will give your suggestion some thought.

Chris Frame

Manager of Marketing and Strategic Technology

Scag Power Equipment

cframe@scag.com

www.scag.com
    :blob4: