Why Exmark?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kenp, Aug 17, 2002.

1. kenp

kenp LawnSite Member
    from SC

May I ask the following of the Exmark rep. - - why should I pay a thousand dollars more to buy a Lazer Z than a Lesco "Z Two" zero-turn radius mower? I need one to cut my three acres at home. The Lazer Z is on special for $7,000., the Lesco with the 25 Kaw. engine, 60", is on special for $6,000. I have demo's both and both cut very well. Am I missing something? I'm no expert. Thanks very much for your input.

2. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

You dont need an exmark rep to answer this...I'm not even an eX owner, but from what I've heard and experienced, I will give you answers to your question..

Exmark is the best in the industry for serving their customers with the highest quality of customer service. The reps here on LawnSite are always willing o answer questions, organize a rep to come address an issue, or setup a phone call to just chat about the weather. They bend over backwards to make the customer feel as though they are cared about by the company in which they invested thousands of dollars...in all reality, the customer isnt just given the feeling of the company caring...eXmark actually cares. Our suggestions are forwarded to engineers, our negative comments are listened to, and in all applicable circumstances, a resolution to the issue is offered. Dealer support is darn near perfect and if the dealer is not serving you, the customer with what eXmark expects, they'll find you a dealer that will. Along with the dealer backing, parts are very accessible and readily available keeping downtime at a minimum.

All in all, is an eXmark worth 1000 more dollars than XYZ mower, in your case a Lesco...that's for you to decide. Would I do it if I had the opportunity...? I wouldnt hesitate for a second. That 1000 dollars you spend will be well worth it in the long run as you have a company that stands behind what they do and people who will bend over backwards to keep your stripes vibrant. Best of luck to you...

P.S. Believe me, if the powers that governed my 18 yr. old existance would allow me to purchase my own lazer z eps, I'd have it a day ago...
    :D

3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I would highly recommend using the search feature on this topic. There have been recent topics about the Lesco ZTR. I think that you will find that there are many questions surrounding the mechanics of the Lesco ZTR..

I have an Exmark 36" Metro and the customer support that I have to date is much more than I expected.

Good Luck..

jf

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kenp,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. I must also confess that I am not very familiar with the rider your comparing to the Lazer Z so I'll focus on what makes the Lazer what it is.

The Lazer has been fairly successful because is simply cuts a lot of grass very quickly with little downtime or breakage all while leaving a manicured cut.

The Lazer is one of only a few machines on the market with fully welded deck seams, combination of high blade tip speeds, under deck baffling and 5.5" deep deck.

There are many little things that separate the Lazer from the pack such as many of the gussets to reinforce the frame and chassis, canister air filters, mulching ability, bagging ability, operator comfort, few adjustments and the use of Mobil 1 in they hydro drive system for added reliability.

If you felt the quality of cut between the two machines was reasonably close I might suggest that you drive by the location where you were cutting and looking at the grass cut quality again. I've seen some competitive decks that cut great only to find that a few hours or a few days later they start to look a little ragged because the deck laid down some uncut grass. This may not be the case with the brand you comparing the Lazer to but it's worth checking out.

Truthfully you may want to post this same question in the general forum to someone who is more familiar with what your looking at that I am. The next time I'm in the field I'll try to make it a point to take a good look at one if I see one. The problem is we just don't bump into that particular brand all that often.

Good luck

Terry

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

friend not being a smart ---.
    just my opinion. if u got to get with in a thousand of the price of a lazer.
    get the lazer. i think its just one quality machine. ive flirted w other machines.
    but on my lazer its just a matter of understanding what every thing does.
    got to say i wouldnt change a thing. mine has foot lift. thats all i think it neede and its a 96.

6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

As the proud owner of a 2001 Lazer Z I can tell you that you would be hard pressed to find a machine that can compare...in any price range. This machine has provided me with 800 hours of trouble-free operation, so far. At 700 hours I replaced the front caster tires and the drive belt. That's it. If you are only cutting 3 acres then that machine should should last you the rest of your life! Seriously.

A vast majority of the commercial LCO's in my area run Exmarks. We depend on these machines to provide our livelyhoods...and Exmark consistantly delivers 'the goods'.

If you want the best 'bang for your buck', then spend the extra grand and be done with it.

I also own a 2002 Exmark Turf Tracer HP. Another FANTASTIC piece of equipment.

My next machine, without a doubt, will be an Exmark!