Why Ford wants to kill the ranger?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by zmowingmaster, Mar 14, 2008.

1. zmowingmaster

zmowingmaster LawnSite Member

Because it is one wonderful truck ( at least to me).Mine is serving its 7th year of landscaping,plowing and personal driving. And it is still running good.Just normal truck maintenance.It has a lot of uses and a lot of loyal customers.SO Why ford is not advertising for this truck which is super cheap to buy ,maintain and insure.
    All the pictures are off lawnsite,plowsite and other Internet sites.If any of the trucks is yours just point it out.

3.jpg

01_RNG_BedTentLG.jpg

0111or_01z+2001_Ford_Ranger_Edge+Front_Passenger_Side_In_The_Air.jpg

0706st_01_z+lake_front_tour_2006+ford_ranger.jpg

800px-Ambulance_Peru_Kiteni.jpg

2. zmowingmaster

Here are more ford uses

1997_Ford_Ranger_Utility_Service_Truck_sized.jpg

126349660-L.jpg

432673941_ed067489cd.jpg

678271880_e95f5253ed.jpg

2058322776_a06d1f799c.jpg

3. zmowingmaster

More uses of the ranger

Blizard.jpg

eagle_elipse.jpg

Fast-Cast-550l.jpg

muskrat-(25).jpg

Attached Files:

4. zmowingmaster

People do crazy and smart things with this truck

Ranger_Tipper2.jpg

truck_cabin.jpg

jet ski.jpg

Attached Files:

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Because they are too stupid to realize they need to stay current. They are looking at sales when gas was pre $3 a gal. Just like in the 70,s the big 3 were behind the times and lost market share to vihicles that can get decent milage. I like my 08 Ranger and was considering buying another 1 next yr.

6. zmowingmaster

As you can see,this truck can be a personal vehicle,tow,plow,police truck,patrol truck, ambulance,home for some people (may be for a very very short time I guess),hauling,camping... So,I hope ford would change its mind and keep the St. paul factory running because it is the only plant that is building this truck.IT is one of ford's most efficient plants too,and a lotta workers will loose thier jobs when the projected closing time arrives(2009).

7. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Wow! Die Hard Ford Ranger fan!

8. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

geeez, I hope the grass starts growing soon in your area, cause that's alot of pictures you went hunting for.... :laugh:

btw... you're Ranger looks good set up like that.... smart too with gas the way it is...

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, what, they are discontinuing the Ranger?

10. zmowingmaster

I wish it was mine though.Here is my truck.
    The white Ram2500 in this picture is for a friend of mine.I like that truck too,I wish I had one also ,well (any 2500, 250 ) but with gas prices this high and going even higher,I have to work with my ranger maybe another year or so till I save for a fullsize,then the ranger would be the backup. I do more residential plowing than my friend within the same time frame.When it comes to mowing, my setup is excellent (see signature) for the weight handling.I don't have pictures for the setup.But soon when all is out of storage,Ill post some