Why Give Excuses?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tn Lawn Man, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I find it interesting when a guy calls you up for lawn service and they have to have an excuse why they cannot do the lawn themselves.

It is like they have to be tough or cool or macho or something.

Fact is, I don't really care. I want the account and they want their lawn mowed. I don't care if they are in perfect health and have all the time of the world on their hands. I want the account.

So, I have a few patent lines that usually make them feel better.

Heck, if I was in the right situation I would hire out my own lawn. It is not a pride thing with me.:)

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We get that every once and a while. I have to laugh when I get back in the truck:laugh:

I had one guy tell me that he goes to the gym every morning and is to tired when he gets home to mow the lawn.:laugh:

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I hear this alot myself..Well if my heart was better..or if I diden't have a bad back,or if my knee wasen't blown out in 1947..or if I just had more time
    or if I wasen't so sick or my wife wasen't so sick...Then they play golf all day!
    I just tell them look,I understand..that's what I am here for..don't worry about it... we will get it done.It's is important that you acknowledge the fact that they could do it if they wanted to..they just don't want you to think they are lazy or stupid is all.