why has a cleanup become such an emergency??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Jun 17, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: it seems that this year nobody is willing to wait for work to be done, ive never seen so many "emergency" trimming before. oh my god 2-3 weeks why so long, well there people who DIDNT wait till the last minute to sign up. anyone else feeling the sudden need to have this work done yesterday? tony
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah, so many of my customers claim to have needed extra services done as of "2 days ago". Where have you been ? is what some of them like to ask. I just take it all in stride.
  3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: east, i always love " did you forget us" that just burns my ass. yeah i must of forgot you while i was on the beach, unreal.
  4. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I especially hate the "did you forget us" line when I'm at their house about to start. If I forgot ya, I wouldn't be here.
  5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that's a classic. LOL
  6. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Its getting kinda annoying when certain customers want the work done right away. If they are in such a rush, Ill do it but make them pay the right price.
  7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a lady call for landscaping haha, she called me on a Friday and wanted it done for not tomarrow but the next saturday for a family gathering. Kinda chuckled, she wanted the front and back all landscaped with a patio in the front and a bunch of other stuff. So she settled for a cleanup with weeding.

8. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

It is like every other service job that people don't view as a real job. They KNOW that they could do our job so it isn't a big deal. The AC guy is a real professional cause he does "magic".

I used to be the executive chef for a catering company in NYC. You want to talk about hot. Same thing there. People can cook so they think throwing together a party in 15 minutes is no big deal.

People would call the day of an event wanting to know how much to cater their party, wedding, whatever. Then try to tell us what they wanted on the menu.

Our standard response was to double (or more) the price and dictate a menu from what we had in the fridge. Sometimes we actually got the business. Always very pita, but at double I could handle that.
  9. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

:blob2: You are not the only ones (meaning LCs) that have that problem. I work in a small engine shop and I get people in who seem to thank there mower or what ever is the only one on the planet. They expect you to pull parts out of thin air and have it fixed before they even get it off the truck. And when you do get them to understand they will have to leave it they ask when it will be ready and look out when you tell them it will be a week or so. They go all to pieces over that. And the ones that call every hour on the hour,"Is it ready yet?". It is worse than driving with a kid asking are we there yet every 5 minutes. I have go so feed up with customers calling 20 times a day I just told them to come and get it and take it some where else I was not going to fix it if they called one more time. That usually stops the calls. And what really makes me even more mad is when I found out that it broke down last summer and they waited until down to bring it in and want it like yesterday. I am like why didn't you bring it in last year why did you wait until now? So I know how you feel, been there done that.:blob2: