Why Hasn't Gas Gone Down??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Aug 8, 2008.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Barrel price is down 20%. So why on earth is UT (among other places) still over $4/gallon? I found a station in Missouri selling @ $3.42!! Pretty sad that I'm jealous of gas that costs three and a half bucks... This is horrible...

http://www.utahgasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

We're obviously being punished for not buying solar powered scooters like Al Gore, ....Oh wait, that's right, he drives big SUVs and flies in a private jet. Never mind.

3. it still all goes back to the meaning of being "HOSED"

4. Genlandscape

Genlandscape LawnSite Member

May have something to do with state and county taxes, our fuel has gone down some, we are @3.78 right now. But I'm not sure why it is still so high. Some analysts say that the decreases won't come until the fuel refined at the higher barrel prices has been used. I can't understand this reasoning because fuel prices don't fluctuate as quickly as crude oil prices do, and we have'nt seen fluctuation in other petro products like 2cycle mix and motor oil. Oil products have increased in price but not by 2-300% like diesel and gasoline. I wish they would just give it to us straight, and stop putting alchohol in our gasoline.

5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

it means ur states using gas more then other states. ohio dropped from 4.10 to 3.69 in about a month cuz we r driving less, im not, but everyone else is, lol.

6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

We're at about $3.80 here. I bet gas will come down a little more, but not much, regardless of the price of crude.

I'm not looking forward to heating my house this winter. 1200 gallons of heating oil is going to suck the life out of me.

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Just dropped to $4.18 here.

8. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Here, the cheapest gas is between $3.32 and 3.38. Missouri has a mandated 10% ethonol blend which causes it to be a little cheaper. It has always been cheaper here than the most of the country because our cost of living/wages are lower. I wont be satisfied until I see at least $2.50.

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

We havent seen $3.32 gas in almost two years I was looking through one of my old snowplowing journals from winter of 2006-2007, I had scribbled in 'Filled up tank, gas at $3.27, OUCH'.... If I'd only known...

10. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Gas is around 3.55 here in Lewisville. I paid 3.54 yesterday.