Why Have Low Profiles on a Walker?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Self_Paid1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

What is the purpose of the Low Profiles on a Walker what Significance are the compared to the oem tires:cool2:

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

The wider profile spreads the weight of the tractor out across a wider area result: the Walker will float over soft turf grass without ruts , more traction. Second to the 9.5 bushel hopper option, the low profile wide tires are a must

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

More traction. The difference when mowing slopes and ditches is night and day compared to the standard issue wheels/tires.

I think you CAN use them with a 42" deck, but the tire footprint is as wide as the deck, otherwise use them with any deck 48" and larger. My dealer upgrades to the low-pro tires for nothing when you buy a new machine.

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wheel base is wider than 42" deck. a big NO-NO to all you lil kids!

an 18hp walker with low pros is one hell of a hill machine compared to everything else ive tried. the only thing better is a 13hp walker with stock skinny tires and 42" deck. i dont know why. maybe the weight...

the kaw engine is a POS... otherwise i can only imagine that thing with low pros or knobbys.... itll mow on your ceiling! (assuming you got the balls).

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't buy a walker with out them.

6. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

the 42'' deck works just fine with the wide low pro tires. the tires from outside to outside is 42 1/4'' the decks widest point is 43''. if the deck fits so will the tires.

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Curb the attitude. :hammerhead: I know a guy that has a 42" with low-pro tires as well. Works just fine. It's not "recommended" but you can certianly do it.

8. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

its not the decks widest point... but the cutting area of the blades. also older decks are different than newer decks.

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

MY model MB measures 41.5" tire sidewall to sidewall, 42" INCH MULCH DECK IS 42" tip to tip with deck itself measuring 42.5". Not much trim side but not a big issue, I love the big tires on the light model B.

10. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

Thanks I will Have 2 go to Mid-South to get them!:weightlifter: