why i hate toro heads...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Jul 11, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

try to adjust this toro head. why can't they put a rubber top on it?

ahhh, such is life with toro.

pic of toro head.jpg
  2. Not to fond of their fix spray bodies either. Seems after 2 or 3 months after install, they fail to pop dow.

That's why for fixed sprays, most municipal jobs spec for RB 1800 series bodies here in California.

3. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I totally agree. We have been replacing them like wildfire. At two buildings next to each other weve replaced about 25 of them within two years. The heads are only 4 years old and work terrible!!!! hard to adjust, bad spray pattern, and not durable.
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hate Toro. I honestly don't think I have one good word about any of their sprinkler products that I have ever used or worked on
  5. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a 5500.00 installation by printing this thread and giving it to a customer. I was not the low bidder but after he read this post the low bidder was a toro installer, too bad, was this ethical ? after all it wasnt my words.. LOL
  6. sounds like an excellent sales presentation to me
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Do we all get a commission for helping to make the sale?!

Good job. Never would have thought of that.
  8. ParksGuy

ParksGuy LawnSite Member

:cool: TORO HEADS DO SUCK!!!
    I like Hunter.... the Vandals have a harder time with them ! ;)
  9. Well I goofed, meant to quote turfman59.

Well good for you. The toro company has been messing up the landscape industry with their marketing mite rather than just there equipment.
  10. navyman

navyman LawnSite Member

glad to hear there are so many others who feel as I do about TORO I prefer Nelson products and have since I quit installing TORO