why i like being a lawnboy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 11, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

don't mind me guys, i had a great day today, and am in a good mood(momma, crack another keg). so now tell me, what are the top 5 reasons u like being a lawnboy? i'll start........................................................ WHY I LIKE BEING A LAWNBOY, by bobby g:i like being a lawnboy because i don't have to deal with a boss. i like being a lawnboy because i like to be outside, in the fresh air, doing physical activity. i like being a lawnboy because i like seeing, meeting, and talking to different people all the time, today in fact i met a nice lady at the nursery, and i talked to the mailman for awhile while i was putting in mulch. i like being a lawnboy because there are always lots of girls home during the day, they think the lawnguy is sexy, and also think he's stupid, so when they talk to you, it's only cus they have sex on the brain. and finnally, i like being a lawnboy because all my work is in a 20 mile radius of my home,i can take a break whenever i want, if i'm close to home(and i usually am) i can stop in, see the wife and kids. i can take my boys to the mulch place, and they get a big kick out of "the big yellow machines". and, i can pace my day, so i can take my kids fishing after work. let's hear it guys and girls, why do u like being a lawnboy?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the freedom to do what i want when i want for the most part
    i control my own income- make as much or as little as i want
    like the outdoors
    i can take pride in what i do
    and i luv all the hotties and it is that time of year again :D

3. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

Because I dont want to see a beutiful day go by and not seeing it from the office job.

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Eat when I want
    Sleep when I want
    Choose my own salary
    Hand pick the customers I deal with
    Design my own WEEKLY pay schedule

5. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I like walking away after finishing a lawn and seeing the green grass. The stripes, riding the machines. But im starting to really get turned off with some of the customers!:angry:

6. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I like making my own hours, seting my own pay, not having a boss yelling over me, working outdoors, and riding the machines.

7. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

Doing a landscape install and see the bright smile on customers face when they get home from work and they say, that looks awesome!
    Fresh air.
    Having 4 months off in the winter.
    Making nice stripes with my mowers.
    Making enough $ to live in a nice house and go on vacations when my customers probably think I only make enough to barely pay the phone bill and live in a scuzzy apartment.
    Freedom to be able to choose who I work for.
    The overall pride of business ownership.

8. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Working for myself. Nobody tells me what to do. Working outside. Its gratifying work, knowing it looks better when you left than when you showed up.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

wow, some of u can't even cum up with 5 reasons

10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Guess I wasn't paying attention. ADD ya know.
    Running my own business and setting my own hours. Taking on only the work that I want.