1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

why is it that i attract all the whackos?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Jul 8, 2001.

1. ok, i think first was my friend's family, they are very strange. this is my alternative lifestyle friend.

then i think would be the crazy people, with the cut your feet off, dead chickens, etc.

after that i am gonna go with the, "get undressed guy"

now we have a new one. i worked at a synagogue last week. they called me 2 thursdays ago. said, "matt cut down these 4 trees, grind stumps, take wood and chips away" i had 2 days to do it in. had to be done by last thursday. i was not able to get the trees down until tuesday. so that left 1 day to grind the stumps. there is about 2 - 3 days of grinding there, that is if i could have found a machine that was big enough, and small enough, and that would not stall out on hills, which is hard to find with a grinder. so i didnt get them ground on time. well they went and called me on wednesday night, around 6:30 i think, she yelled at me that it was not acceptable leaving the stumps there. that was when i started to drink. :) then i called a friend to ask him to pull the stumps, because that was the only way to get em done. he couldnt go there until monday. i went to get paid on thursday night for cutting them down, the guy's wife was there. she was screaming at him. "DONT GIVE HIM ANY MONEY!!! DONT GIVE HIM A RED CENT! DONT PAY HIM UNTIL IT IS DONE!" there was no way for me to finish this job in the allotted time. and if there was a way, they would have been paying through the roof. which is not possible for them to afford. so he told me that they were gonna have a guy pull the stumps for free for them, and dispose of them. big stumps too. 24" maples and what not. right next to the building. let em do it for free, my work there is done. so luckily i got paid that night, and the next day i dumped their rabbi's lawn account. so all is well now :) oh yeah, tuesday when i went to cut down the trees, a member asked me to look at 2 stumps at his house. went and looked that night. told his wife $350 dollars. just grind and throw the chips back in the hole. she wanted me to do it for $100. they were some nice big ash stumps.
  2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Trust me, you are not the only one who attracts strange people,so don't feel bad. I think it's just part of being in business.