Why is it that The price of living is going up and the price of mowing is going down

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wright5223, May 4, 2011.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

haha....i called a small apartment complex to see if they needed someone to mow their grass...the grass was a foot tall...they said nah we got someone already...lol...i think he's cut it once this year

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is what happens when you keep getting more and more mowers relative to the number of customers. The good part will be a thinning of the herd. A lot of guys who do this for extra money will soon stop because they just can't make enough per hour.....relative to their other full time job.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It has been this way for well over 20 years, the price of a grass cut today is the same as it was in 1987,
    that's why the real money is in irrigation, laying sod, tree work and installs.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Pricing here has gone down a lot. City parks are going for $8 an acre. Use to be $25 an acre 10 years ago.

5. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking forward to this summer when the "unemployed" lawn care guys get a dose of reality. I'm looking to pickup some great 2 year old equipment.

Really though, I can't complain. I have more business now than ever.