Why Is My Hydraulic Pump Flood Always Black

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Tennesseepowerstroke, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Tennesseepowerstroke

Tennesseepowerstroke LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Exmark Lazer AS and after changing my hydraulic pump filter and fluid it is always black after about 10 hours. I use the Mobil 1 15w50 as the owners manual calls for along with a new Exmark filter. Any ideas are welcome. Is it harmfull to run the fluid in this condition? Can I drain the fluid without changing the filter?

2. bmc1025

bmc1025 LawnSite Senior Member

something is terribly wrong if it is getting black. Even after 200 hrs my hydraulic fluid looks like it came out of the bottle maybe a hair darker. I use the mobil 1 oil as well.

3. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

Please contact Exmark Customer Service at 800-667-5296 with your model number and serial number. The team is staffed with trained technicians from the factory who can help you troubleshoot your issue. Thanks.

4. Tennesseepowerstroke

I have tried this numerous times. I get a recording thanking me for contacting Exmark Customer Service and then I am told that all reps are on another line. I was looking for a mechanics advice. Thanks for the response. I seem to be mowing during theirs working hours.

5. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

Please send your contact information to exmarkpr@exmark.com, including your model and serial number, and a Customer Service Technician will contact you.

6. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Doesn't anyone on your team staffed with trained technicians have a computer...????
    Or....is posting technical info on a public forum against company policy...???
    I am a former Exmark technician....from back before the war...and was just curious...

7. 9ball1018

9ball1018 LawnSite Member

My is black right now too but I am bout due for a change I was wondering what would make it black? Overheating maybe?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Over heating would make a lot of sense.

I think it's funny how Exmark jumped on here and offered such quick service when you start posting on a public forum, yet when you call them you are put on hold forever.

I emailed them about release dates for the 30" WB aerator and they didn't even have the courtesy to respond at all and still haven't over a month later. Never really considered Exmark because of their prices and deck design, now that I have had a taste of their customer service, there is no way I would consider them.

SCAG!!!

9. Tennesseepowerstroke

I have called Exmark Tech Support twice in the last 2 days. I am still waiting on a call back. I like the product but support is lacking. If I call Honda about my mower I immediately get connected to someone in tech support.

10. Tennesseepowerstroke

Three days and still waiting for a response from Exmark Tech Support. Thanks for the replies. As one poster said, I can only believe it is a heat issue. Please feel free to offer suggestions.