1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Why is the br600 so popular?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2stroked, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

I just don't understand it, I just bought a brand new husqvarna 570bts, and not only is it less expensive than the br600, it's got considerably more power than the br600 to, but still the br600 is more popular than the redmax 7500/husky 570. I don't get why people would pay more for less, especially since i'm not going to have to worry about adjusting valves or any of that nonsense with the husky. My dealer sells Husqvarna and stihl, and he told me hands down that the 570 is a much better deal than the br600, but he said he still sells more br600s than 570s or 580s. WHY??!!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Because adjusting the valves on a BR600 isn't something that most people bother with until there's a problem. And it's like a 15 minute job. And that's all there is. There isn't any other "nonsense" to worry about. They start up nice and easy and they run and run and run. They're lightweight compared to the competition and they have plenty of power for 99% of the users. They are literally all I see here in Greenville. You may on a rare ocassion see a Echo but that's about it.

They also have some features that other blowers don't, like a length adjustable blowing tube and adjustments for cold weather use.

3. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

In comparison to all the other big bore BPs the Stihl is a lot lighter, quieter, and comfortable. All the others seem to have a lot of vibration which leads to fatigue in the end. Plus Stihl dealerships are all over the place.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I think that its because people want more out of them than just raw power. Fuel efficient, low vibration, quite, easy to start, light weight, and comfortable to wear mean a little something. I know that you can take a husky or redmax and "Blow it away" with numbers but day in day out we don't need the power as much as useablility, meaning that most of us will trade some performance for other positive attributes.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I know the Husky list price is $499 and I believe that's the same list price as the Stihl. If your dealer chooses to offer a bigger discount on the Husky it's only because he can't move them. Which is exactly what you've said.

6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for saving me the time to type just this.

7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I went this past week to buy another BP. currently own a 600, and after looking at the Husky and especially after putting it on my back I knew right away I was going to stick with another 600, and so I did. The Husky was right at 500 the stihl was 440 even better yet. The stihl is just heads above the husky for comfort, I didn't even like the way the Huskies throttle felt. I guess I'm just spoiled with my Stihl gear.

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Because Stihl has a dealer on every corner.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

I knew a girl like that

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

And thus another reason