1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

why is there front blow out when im bagging?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Apr 30, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i just got a everride warrior this year. when bagging i'm experiencing blow out in the front of my deck.

it is better when i lower the height. but i can't always run it down that low in sodded lawns and bumpy properties. the thin lawns are worse it's like trying to bag leaves on the pavement.

it's manageable but i just don't like it blowing out the front of me.

why is is doing this?
  2. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

My experience is that some leaves will always get thrown out the front, seems the bigger the deck the more it happens.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's another of those things helps relieve the boredom.

Mine does the same thing, if you go fast enough it even gets all up in your face, good stuff.
  4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Thats cause you are pulling with the bagger from out back instead of pushing from a spindle drive bagger I had numerous problems and finally got a refund on the bagger as I had 2 and the problems never ended I ouldnt even attempt to cut damp grass. I now have a Deere with the MCS system and it hardly ever blows out or clogs.
  5. grass disaster

yes i'm not a big fan of the blower in the back style. does the blower off the deck work better? i've never used or saw one of these in action.
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you can try a lower lift blade. or even a stright one.....

The air MUST go somewhere....
  7. grass disaster

anyone else have blow out issues?
  8. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I add more pitch to my deck because the extra weight of the bagger and leaves lowers the rear and decreases the pitch. That will help out any mower. If you have an adjustable baffle like on Scag's lower it and blowout will decrease. Some guys air up the rear tires more (quicker than adjusting the pitch) to account for the weight but it'll ride ruffer.