Why me????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R&GSweeping, Apr 24, 2001.

1. R&GSweeping

R&GSweeping LawnSite Member

We had just finished cutting a yard late yesterday afternoon and an elderly neighbor wanted us to cut his grass. So I gave him a price of $55 and said fine we would do it after we finished up. Well he's having some remodeling done to his house and has lumber and doors out in the back yard. When we move over to his house he asked us to move the doors/lumber once we've mowed around them and mow under them. So we moved everything (15 minutes) and started to mow around them. Well the guy riding the ZTR went up a small hill and rolled over one of the metal doors. Didn't say anything and today I get a call saying we put a gash into one of his metal doors. My question is this: can a good auto body shop fix this metal door. From what the customer said it doesn't appear to be broke or warped just a good gash in the top of the door. If not I will replace it. I started not to cut the backyard when its full of boards/nails/glass doors and stuff. Hindsight IS 20/20.

2. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I've put alot of bondo on medal doors and frames in my constuction days. The answer is yes, but do it yourself and save some cash.