why my echo SRM-311U bogs down

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by gfoutsy, May 12, 2008.

1. gfoutsy

gfoutsy LawnSite Member

Just bought this last year. Only used about 6 times. Did not store it properly in the winter, but just changed the gas out, new spark pug and fuel filter. Air filter carb, and muffler area pretty clean. Idles fine , but I go to give it gas, it bogs down . I can throttle about half way if I do it slowly then it wants to bog down Is my gas mixture too rich? This machine should have some major power right?

2. gfoutsy

gfoutsy LawnSite Member

Got the right gas mix in. I have the blade attachment on right now. could that be an issue? Or maybe a faulty carb or throttle cable.

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

try taking the carb off, cleaning it and putting it back on. I haven't worked on the 311 so I'm not sure if it has an adjustable carb (both high and low).

4. gfoutsy

gfoutsy LawnSite Member

Its a diaphram carb with purge pump. has 2 screws (left and right) have not tinkered with it yet.

5. gfoutsy

gfoutsy LawnSite Member

K I used gum out on the carb. had the engine running when I was sprayiing it. seemed to work. let it sit for a little while, put the nylon head on. started it back up and was using it. but it wants to bog down again when in the run position. seemed to work best with about 1/2 choke and was still only getting about 3/4 power. Would it be a faulty carb or bad gasket or something??

6. EMJ

EMJ LawnSite Member

If it runs better choked, makes me believe it is a carb/fuel issue. Try cleaning or replacing the carb.

7. gfoutsy

gfoutsy LawnSite Member

K i'll I'll take it completely off and soak it in carb cleaner and wait a day or two

8. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

Check the exhaust port....mine was clogged with carbon and then I burned it off with blowtorch. now works great!