why no ENGINE mounted blower vacs??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LJ lawn, Jan 26, 2001.

1. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

why do i keep seeing all the mower co's making and wasting their time developing DECK/BELT mounted blowers/vacs for grass collection? The only co. who finally had the sense to wise up and actually make a clutch drive off the engine vac system is snapper.don't they realize that the deck systems are a pain in the rear? with all the money spent in development of these high dollar Z machines they go back to the belt/deck blower configuration.what gives? i want a machine that at the flick of a switch or a turn of a lever i can turn on/off a vac unit.i don't want the hassle of having to manually put on a belt drive setup only for the few lawns i collect.anyone else agree? maybe if enough people got together and wrote their rep or complained loud enough at one of these expos they'd listen.

2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Takes less than three minutes to attatch utlra vac to my lazer hp. I only use it for heavy leaf removal.
    No disrespect, but if you only use it for a few select clients why would you want a vac unit on all the time. Although mine does a great job, I feel it's very bulky and have a hard time fitting in small places. There is no way I would keep it on all the time just for a few clients.
    Please don't take this the wrong way ( I see you point ) but I like being able to attatch and remove the unit quickly and the ultra vac is definitlally sp. quick.