1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why no review section?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by KathysLGC, Mar 21, 2005.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering why there isn't a review section where owners of equipment can post their thoughts of performance and reliability. I think something with rules as in the title needs to have the products complete name like "Exmark 60" Lazer Z". Maybe even lock the thread just like the for sale section to keep the review section clean and for research purposes... Just a thought.
  2. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

I like that idea!
  3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Well, how would we prove ownership or even that they used the item? People could use it as a way to say outlandish things about equipment manufactures that they have had problems with in the past.
  4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

You can't prove owner ship. It would only be a review. You would be able to do a search by the products name like say, Plugr PL800 and pull up a few reviews on it. Not all reviews have to be good. This is where the rules would come in where you must either own, have owned, or have used the machine enough to give an honest review. There would be guide lines pertaining the the review lay out or maybe even a template where you fill in the blanks like, Ease of use, Maneuverability, weight, performance, etc.. Many here know most members and I doubt people would just post a review to bad mouth a product. There could be a post limit that needs to be reached before posting a review as in the PM feature to help weed out spammers.