Why no talk on this mower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

It reminds me of the Walker and the new Exmarks.....

Anybody ever seen, used, or researched this mower?Bobcat Mower
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

One dealer close to me sells them. He doesn't move a lot of them, but says they are good machines. He is also a Walker dealer and sells tons of them.
  3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Looks cool merlin. Any idea on a ball park price? Also noticed there is only engine option. Used to have a Walker 48" and it was nice, but pretty pricey
  4. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

THEY ARE PEICES OF JUNK! I worked with a guy that had 2 of them. First of all the deck is way too heavy, they clogged up like every 5 min. then you have to left that heavy deck, then TRY to keep it up with the stupid pins they put on it. Imo they are too heavy and are not very well built. My buddy has spend over $1500-$2000 on them in one year. Imo they are nothin but junk and I will never buy one.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

There is no way in hell you are going to mow up to 23 acres a day with that machine...period. Are they kidding??? LMAO
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

That's non stop for 8 hours, 8mph,at 80% efficiency...............

Possible, BUT................................. :rolleyes:
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I know of a used one that has been sitting on a dealer's lot for 2 years now.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It is impossible unless they know of some magical way to empty that hopper while moving. I have jobs where it would take that mower 5 minutes just to get back to the truck to dump.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Technically a day is 24 hours....so maybe they based it on that....??? :)
  10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see the problem with 23 acres per day. Use the mulch kit and keep her in production 23 hours per day with an hour or so spent refueling and there you go.

In the real world, (and especially bagging) NO WAY.

I have never even seen one of these, but NO ONE bags here. Well except a few guys with battered craftsmans.