1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

why not cub cadet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by santafe, Nov 30, 2009.

1. santafe

santafe LawnSite Member

I run two cub rzts, but since I am going to depend more and more on my lawn service for my family living i am going with two exmark 60". I have decided this from the advice and other talk on this site. BUT why is there so little talk about cub cadet.

2. Gunnels Grounds & More

Gunnels Grounds & More LawnSite Member

good ? but I have A 48in cub cadet Enforcer with the 21 kaw that I absolutely love.

3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Because Cub Cadet is not what it use to be when IHC owned it.
    CC now days is made for the homeowner and entry level lco rookie.

4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

The Cub Cadet Tank ZTR's I have seen in person look to be built at the same level as the Bad Boys I have seen in person. Unfortunately Cub Cadet's name has been tainted by the management or mismanagement and ownership by MTD.

If Cub was still owned by International Harvester, and International Harvester was still a independent company, I bet they would be turning out some awesome Zero Turn Mowers.

5. Tim White

Tim White LawnSite Member

Because alot of those who bash cub cadet have never tried one or are hung up on the mtd thing. I have had 2 tanks now and couldnt be happier.

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Cub and Lesco mowers were virtually identical. Lesco got a bad rap from a lot of people on here and I have to admit I thought poorly of them too based on what I read and the fact that I was using Bob-Cats at the time.
    I'll tell you now, those mowers have quality parts on them and they are built tough.
    I have a Lesco Z2 60" with a 25 Kawasaki and a Lesco 52" walkbehind with a 19hp Kawasaki and they're every bit as tough as a Bob-Cat, actually they're tougher.
    I'm using Scag, Bob-Cat and Lesco right now.
    I think very few who respond on here have actually put enough time on different machines to accurately post comparison opinions. Heck, some don't even know how to operate a keyboard. Tony

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I tried a Cub Cadet Enforcer. It turned out to be a piece of crap and fell apart in 10hrs. It ate 2 belts in that time as well. The deck wouldn't cut any higher then 2.75in. I told the dealer that I'm dropping it off and they can keep it. He told me to stop in and pick out a Scag that will fit my needs so I did. I swore I'd never buy a CC again.

8. Gunnels Grounds & More

Gunnels Grounds & More LawnSite Member

I have over 200 hrs on my Enforcer. Problems that have developed were not related to MDT but other manufactures such as the seat and fuel pump.

9. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Junk!!!!!!!!!!!

10. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

I think cub cadet is junk. I know they make some commercial mowers but they just don't come anywhere near the exmarks, toros, scags, or any other major commercial brand.