why not have a vegetable garden forum?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by geogunn, Sep 5, 2006.

1. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

well--why not?

I'll bet it could bring in thousands of new members. heck...what nut hasn't tried to grow a tomato plant sometime in his/her life?

GEO :)

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Geo I like the idea.
    A few months ago, Matt and I decided to plant pumpkins for jack-o-laterns at the site where we dump our clippings. we spent awhile prepping the really rich soil, and planted tons of seeds. I was geeked, took pictures and everything, and figured we had the next charlie brown pumpkin patch. In 2 days, the seeds had spouted, and in about a week, matt was busy separating all the shoots. 2 weeks later, all of them gone, eaten by an animal. so much for lots of pumpkins this year. :cry:

anyhow, my point is, a vegetable garden forum would make a nice addition. I could post some pictures of my tomatoes.... and I bet my tomatoes are bigger than yours. :laugh:

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

A pair of firm tomatos is a beautiful sight to see :)

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

so I am told. ;)

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL.:laugh: :laugh:
    I especially like the perky ones. :drinkup: :drinkup:

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

oh...and a beautiful sight firm tomatos are....

but MAC...you don't know how good a firm tomato is until you get it in your mouth!

GEO :waving:

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

But the same can be said about the tomato, it might not have any idea how good it feels to be in my mouth :waving:

8. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I think this site is already full of vegetable's already....if you know what I mean. LOL

JK

Well I could take credit for my wife's work and use pictures of her garden to get in. LOL And I do mean a garden not my wife's vegetable's I like being among the living thank you very much. LOL

9. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, but nothing beats a nice juicy peach !!!!!