why not verbal contracts??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobbygedd, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

The wife thing was to give an example of how the other party can manufacture any lie, and it has the same weight as your 'truth.' I'm in a battle right now with people that are grasping at straws, doing that same kind of thing (making stuff up). Thankfully, I had a feeling about these people and dcoumented EVERYTHING.

What you see on TV is just that. TV.

Take my advice on the attorney thing - see if he's willing to take the case on a contingency basis.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

u r absolutely, positively right! best way is everything in writing! however, if i do a job without a contract, and the guy stiffs me, i will not roll over and surrender my money. yup, he can make up lies, and then so can i . i am an honorable, respectfull person, but, when dealing with scum i tend to act like scum. yur honor, mr. x then requested that i give him *ral sex, that was not part of our agreement, and i feel at this point i needed to abort the job . ......

3. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

I am not a lawyer, so therefore our stated position is to refrain from any other legal advice threads! ;)