1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why run quickbooks?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kc2006, Feb 10, 2008.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Why do you guys run quickbooks with a routing software? Whats the advantages to running both?

I'm going to order gopher software and I thought it kept all the expense and income records. Whats the advantage to quickbooks then? Does it keep better records or something?

Fill me in here please. Officemax has QB pro 2008 for 140 plus you get the credit card processing kit for free. Good deal I think, so I was going to grab it if theres a good reason to pair it with gopher.
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Glad you Posted.... I run Lawn Pro, it keeps up with my expenses too...

and I was thinking about QB. But was wondering the same thing.

Will someone chime in and let us know....

3. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

Most accountants are familiar with Quickbooks and when it comes time for taxes you're going to be billed by the hour. I'd rather know my money is going to actual accounting work than time spent learning a new program.
  4. kc2006

I had lawnpro too, but the thing has way too many errors, it messed up big time on records, it's all messed up.

I bought QB pro yesterday, couldnt pass on that price, thats like getting it for 100 bucks only with the credit card kit. I'm going to install it today and start entering info.
  5. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

6. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

I feel the same way.
  7. kc2006

Wow, playing with quickbooks, talk about confusing!

It's got so many bells and whistles, it's going to take a while to get used to thats for sure.
  8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Before getting too far into it get your accountant to get you set up. I made the mistake of starting it all on my own and it cost me thousands for the accountant to straighten it out.
  9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I just downloaded the simple start Quickbooks the other day, and so far I am impressed with just what the free version can take care of for me. It is really going to help me keep things more in line. I used to just keep track of everything on paper, but this will help me save time.
  10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Read the instruction manual then set up a sample company to give you a little practice. Quickbooks Pro is the best accounting software out there for tracking how your business is doing. Everything takes time to learn and in time you will appreciate everything Quickbooks Pro can do for your business.